Wednesday 21 April 2010

The Reckoning - Book Review

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

What is it about:
Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I'm on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We're hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We'll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we'd left behind and take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.

What did I think of it:
A thrilling conclusion of an amazing trilogy!

I like how sensible Chloe and her friends act and how they're not barging off without thinking as happens in so many movies and books, but still they're not perfect and in their trying to be sensible they sometimes muck things up. Armstrong manages to write a convincing, realistic story even with the supernatural elements.

I can't go into the story without giving too much away to those who haven't read it, but there's lots of cool action, my favourite monsters and a romance that got Voodoo Bride all happy.

Why should you read it:
It's the best young adult series out there at the moment in my opinion.

So start reading 'The Summoning' today and then go on to 'The Awakening' and finish it with the amazing 'The Reckoning'

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Totally agree! This is one of my favorite YA series, ever! Armstrong is brilliant, she can do no wrong IMO.
I strongly believe Chloe (and Derek! *squee!*) will appear as adults in 'Women of the Otherworld'. It's just a hunch, a feeling I have... but I think Armstrong has left room for possibility in 'The Reckoning'...

Sullivan McPig said...

I hope so! I read that they will at least make an appearance somewhere in the next YA trilogy.

Anna said...

Best young adult series...well, I'll have to put the books on my to-read (some day) list. :)

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric