Monday 26 September 2011

On My Wish List - Zombie Edition *

There are lots of books on my Wish List and it might not come as a surprise there are quite a few Zombie books among the titles on that list.

Today I will share some of the Zombie books that are still on my Wish List:

Sarah and David have survived the zombie apocalypse. They stood side by side and fought the undead, mad scientists, and even bionic monsters until the unthinkable happened. A zombie bite. But not even that could stop them. Now, with a possible cure in hand, they're headed east, looking for a safe zone behind the rumored "Wall." They're feeling pretty optimistic.

That is until Dave stops sleeping and starts lifting huge objects.


My thoughts:
I loved the first two books in this series (Married with Zombies & Flip This Zombie). I'm really curious what will be next for Sarah and David.

--------------

Love conquers all, so they say. But can Cupid’s arrow pierce the hearts of the living and the dead—or rather, the undead? Can a proper young Victorian lady find true love in the arms of a dashing zombie?

In Dearly, Departed, steampunk meets romance meets walking-dead thriller, spawning a madly imaginative novel of rip-roaring adventure, spine-tingling suspense, and macabre comedy that forever redefines the concept of undying love.


My thoughts:
I know, Zombies falling in love. I'm not too happy about that part either, but come on: Steampunk Zombies!!! Need I say more?

--------------

Six months have passed since the terrifying battle with Charlie Pink-eye and the Motor City Hammer in the zombie-infested mountains of the Rot & Ruin. It’s also six months since Benny Imura and Nix Riley saw something in the air that changed their lives. Now, after months of rigorous training with Benny’s zombie-hunter brother Tom, Benny and Nix are ready to leave their home forever and search for a better future. Lilah the Lost Girl and Benny’s best friend Lou Chong are going with them.
Sounds easy. Sounds wonderful. Except that everything that can go wrong does. Before they can even leave there is a shocking zombie attack in town. But as soon as they step into the Rot & Ruin they are pursued by the living dead, wild animals, insane murderers and the horrors of Gameland –where teenagers are forced to fight for their lives in the zombie pits. Worst of all…could the evil Charlie Pink-eye still be alive?

In the great Rot & Ruin everything wants to kill you. Everything…and not everyone in Benny’s small band of travelers will make it out alive.


My thoughts:
I absolutely loved Rot and Ruin, Maberry sure knows how to write a story that's both thrilling and full of emotion. I really want to read more about both Benny and Tom.

--------------

A prison doctor injects a condemned serial killer with a formula designed to keep his consciousness awake while his body rots in the grave. But all drugs have unforeseen side-effects. Before he could be buried, the killer wakes up. Hungry. Infected. Contagious. This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang…but a bite.

My thoughts:
Yup, another book by Maberry. But who can resist a serial killer zombie!?

--------------

Tapped for a classified military program, Dr. Eileen McCormick has nothing left to lose. Bad enough her genetic experiments were used to turn innocent victims into zombies; worse still, a ruthless ex-colleague is threatening to expose her unless she joins his sinister research project. Now the only way she can set things right is to develop an antidote under the watchful blue eyes of Commander Matt Sykes. And the last thing Eileen needs is Matt's penetrating gaze, easy understanding, and compelling kiss uncovering all her deepest secrets...

Matt has a sixth-sense for lies as well as danger, and Eileen promises plenty of both. She's the only person who can eradicate the zombie virus before it reaches epidemic proportions, but he still can't let her passionate determination affect his steely cool...or keep him from discovering where her true loyalties lie. But as the clock ticks down, Matt and Eileen's uneasy trust may be their only way to avert catastrophe;if it doesn't get them killed first...


My thoughts:
I read Once Bitten, Twice Dead and that book might have had a lot of romance, but it had really cool, kick-ass, zombie action as well. The perfect read for both me and Voodoo Bride. I'll enjoy all the zombie killing and Voodoo Bride can lose herself in the romance.

--------------

So: did you see any books you might like as well?
Do you know of a book I missed and that's a must read Zombie book in you opinion?
Let me know in the comments.


*
This post is part of vvB32 Reads' September Zombies Event.
Don't forget to go over to her blog and check out all the cool zombie posts and giveaways.

8 comments:

Bookish Brunette said...

I haven't read the last two... but I can assure you the first three were AWESOME!!!! :)

M.A.D. said...

Yep - my favorites are the Zombie books lol

Right now I'm reading Ashes, but on my wish list are Frail by Joan Turner and Fighting to Survive by Rhiannon Frater. {plus a zillion more that I can't remember off the bat} ;D

titania86 said...

Yay for zombies! There most of these books are on my to read list as well. A Darker Shade of Red seems much more interesting than the cover looks and I would definitely check it out.

Here are some books from my zombie wishlist: Dead Inside: Do Not Enter: Notes from the Zombie Apocalypse, Sadie Walker is Stranded by Madeleine Roux, and King of Plagues by Jonathan Maberry.

Mel said...

Ooo, a couple of books also on my wishlist, one of the best books I've read this year and a couple I'd not heard off but now want! But serious get Dust & Decay - if fabulous! :)

Sullivan McPig said...

Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

Demented Wench said...

The Steampunk Zombies book has my attention. I think it's because the cover looks cool and I'm a sucker for a good cover. ;)

Krysykat said...

I loved Dearly Departed :)

Aleksandra said...

Great books! I read the galley of Dust & Decay & I absolutely loved it, too! The series is one of my favourites & Tom is one of my favourite characters, although I like the others, also! The steampunk zombies is the only reason that Dearly Departed got my attention, too! As for Dead of Night, can't wait for it to be published! I've seen Jesse Petersen's books around & they're on my wishlist & now I'll add Bianca D'arc's too, because I love good kick-ass zombie action :)