Thursday 24 November 2011

Tiger's Curse - Book Review

Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga #1)
by Colleen Houck


What is it about:
The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world. But that’s exactly what happened. Face-to-face with dark forces, spellbinding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.

What did I think about it:
This book was a huge disappointment.

It started out really interesting and for a large part this book was a great read. Ok, there were some small things that annoyed me: awkward dialogues, ancient prophesies that when hastily translated, rhymed in English, but that is all small stuff. I'd have been willing to let those things slide if that was all that was wrong with this book because until a certain point in this book I was totally engrossed in the story, the characters and their developing relationship.

But then this book suddenly derailed for me. Near the end of the book the lead character Kelsey suddenly turns from a level headed person into a pms-ing dramaqueen and starts angsting and bitching in such ways I totally lost all sympathy for her. If she had been mauled by Ren or any other animal I would have cheered I will confess.

I did finish the book, but that's only because after having really enjoyed the first part of the book I was hoping that maybe things would turn back to before the character switch, but that was an idle hope.

I'm particularly disappointed in this book as it could have been a very enjoyable story if not for Kelsey's teenage drama fest. I will most certainly not continue reading this series.

Why should you read it:
It's a very intruiging and enjoyable story if you don't mind lots of angst and teenage drama.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

2 comments:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

It probably would have been better if there had been bears in it.

Sullivan McPig said...

Bears might indeed be able to make this story better ;-)