Friday 27 January 2012

Deacon's Ark - Book Review

Deacon's Ark (The New West #2)
by A.E. Stanton

ebook

What is it about:
Josie and Deacon have left Horsetown and are back in search of The City. Joined by Josie’s youngest sister, Sadie, they decide to travel on the riverboat The Green Goddess to save travel time.

But a plague from the Northern Wastes has been loosed on the river’s port towns. Instead of a relaxing cruise, Josie and Deacon have to protect all the people and animals on board -- because if they can’t stop the spread of the plague, they’ll be the only normal ones left in the world.


What did I think of it:
I liked this book much better than the first book in this series.

The characters were much better to relate to than before and I finally began to feel a connection to them and care about what happened to them. (There were the ocassional moments I wanted to kick some sense into some of the characters, but that's a good thing in my opinion.)

The story was so my kind of story: there were zombies that had to be fought!

There was lots of cool action and mayhem and the zombies were also my kind of zombies. Next to the zombies there were some other baddies that really added to the story and I hope to see both the zombies and the bad guys again in future books in this series.

All in all Stanton is taking this series in a direction I'd hoped for when she introduced the setting in book one and I'm curious to see where she'll take Josie and Deacon next.

Why should you read it:
It has zombies in a post-apocalyptic Western setting.


Buy this ebook at Musa Publishing

No comments: