Tuesday 27 March 2012

Teaser Tuesadays - A Sliver of Shadows


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: - Grab your current read - Open to a random page - Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) - Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Sputtering, I flailed madly, the shock of the water sucking the wind out of me. Stunned, I sank down into the murk for a moment, the brush of something slimy jerking me back to myself.
(page 210, A Sliver of Shadow by Allison Pang)


6 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Is it so wrong that I'm turned off by the way beginning with a "comma-ed off" preposition makes the two lines sound when read together? =P I ask tentatively because I know I'm no grammar star.

(And now I hope I don't seem to be insulting your teaser, Sully! That was just the first thought that came to mind.)

Sullivan McPig said...

I'm not too wild about the punctuation either I'll confess. My grandmother would have shaken her head over these limes.

And I'm wondering where my head was when typing the title of this post.... Tuesaday? :-/

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I didn't even notice that, but now that you've pointed it out . . . ;-)

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

But let me add that an honest typo from an amateur blogger is still much better than clumsy prose from a professional novelist!

Aleksandra said...

Great teaser :)

Demented Wench said...

The cover looks pretty (I know I'm bad) and you get a pass on the typo because English isn't your first language. :)