Thursday 5 July 2012

Kiss of the Goblin Prince - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

Kiss of the Goblin Prince (Shadowlands #2)
by Shona Husk


What is it about:
Trapped for centuries in the bleak Shadowlands, Dai clings to his humanity with a thirst for knowledge. But now he's free of the goblin curse, and some would say he knows too much—he can make nature bend to his will, influence the minds of others, and command magic. Yet love eludes him. Then he meets Amanda, a single mother with a sick daughter whom he feels compelled to protect. But could she possibly place her trust in the kiss of a goblin prince?

What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
The first book in this series -The Goblin King- was one of my favorite reads of last year, so I had to read this book as well.

And to be honest:
I almost gave up on this one at the 25% mark*

But I kept reading as I was hoping it would turn out to be just as cool as The Goblin King.

Alas, although a nice read, Kiss of the Goblin Prince didn't capture my heart. Partly it was because I probably had my expectations set too high, but mostly it was because it was practically a contemporary romance for most part of the book.

Yes: there was some magic, but it was all too little, too late to satisfy me. I must confess that in my opinion the small parts about Meryn (who will be lead character in the next book) were the best parts of the whole story.

So in the end this was a nice read, but a bit disappointing after the magic that was The Goblin King. I will pick up the next book in this series though, because I want to know Meryn's story.

Why should you read it:
It's a nice paranormal romance


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

* I read at least 25% of a book.
When at the 25% mark I'm not convinced the book is worth finishing I stop reading.

2 comments:

Aurian said...

Hmm that sure is a disappointment, the second book syndrome. I have this series on my wishlist, but perhaps I'll wait now until the third book is out and reviewed.

Sullivan McPig said...

You should read The Goblin King! It's a great read and can stand on its own.