Saturday 5 January 2013

Platinum - Early Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Platinum
by Jeffe Kennedy

ebook

What is it about:
Althea Grant's Charleston gallery might be suffering from the bad economy, and her artistic aspirations have gone nowhere, but she's doing just fine, thank you. When bad-boy sculptor Steel rides up on his motorcycle looking to rent studio space, his infusion of cash is more than welcome. But his art is raw, visceral, sexual—and completely inappropriate for her pastel world of watercolor landscapes.

Steel, fascinated by Althea's rare albino coloring, sees in her the key to his next piece: a metal satyr designed for bondage games. Moving into her gallery basement is the first step; seducing the cool Southern belle into modeling for him is the second.

As Steel peels away her careful manners and tasteful outfits, Althea begins to realize her life isn't just fine at all—it's as pale and washed-out as the watercolor paintings she's failing to sell. Can she transform her life and accept her most secret desires?


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I'm in love!

You might know by now that I love Jeffe Kennedy's writing and that I really looked forward to reading Platinum. So I was over the moon when I got the chance to read and review Platinum early.

And let me say: Wow!

Platinum is both an intense and sweet read. Althea is tempted by Steel to give in to her more sensual side and to explore her hidden desires. This leads to some seriously hot and delicious BDSM situations. I loved the interaction between Althea and Steel. Next to the steaming scenes there's a really sweet romance between them and I couldn't help sighing dreamily at times.

I love how Jeffe Kennedy once again shows that true strength doesn't equal being hard and unmoving, but instead lies in knowing yourself and being able to give in to your vulnerable side as well.

All in all I fell totally in love with both this story and Steel and you can bet I'll reread Platinum often. I'll be waiting impatiently for the next book in the Facets of Passion series as well.

Why should you read it:
It's an intense and sweet BDSM read.


Expected publication: February 25th 2013 by Carina Press

No comments: