Wednesday 19 February 2014

Kept - Book Review


Kept (Coveted #2)
by Shawntelle Madison


What is it about:
Fresh from defending her pack in battle, Natalya Stravinsky, a whip-smart werewolf with a lovable neurotic streak, wants a little rest and relaxation. Once an outcast, she’s now eager to rejoin the ranks of her New Jersey pack, and has even gotten a handle on her obsessive urge to hoard holiday ornaments. Yet Nat barely has time to revel in her progress before the next crisis comes howling at her door.

Nat’s father has suddenly gone missing, captured by the Russian werewolf mafia. And as Nat steps up to save her dad from a mob boss’s deadly game, two men step in to play another round for her heart: her gorgeous alpha ex-boyfriend, Thorn, and her new flame, the sweetly sensitive wizard Nick. With her life growing more harried by the minute, Nat must stay cool, calm, and collected . . . or else risk losing everything.


What did I think of it:
I loved the first book in this series, so I got my trotters on Kept as soon as possible.

And this book too is a great read.

I will confess I was a little annoyed by Thorn's behavior, who acts at times as if Nat isn't even capable of tying her own shoes. Luckily Nat has learned to stand up for herself and she doesn't let herself get sidelined.

The story is cool, suspenseful and fun. I liked how Nat gets help from her female friends as well. So often the other women are only there to compliment the heroine or to act as a jealousy story hook, so it's cool to see some great female characters who actually help out and are part of the action.

There's a lot of love triangling going on and I'm sure some readers will love how that's progressing, but I'm not liking where it's going. I'm rooting for the wrong guy again I fear.

So all in all this is a great read, although a little bit more frustrating than the first book. I will certainly continue reading this series, and I will try to get hold of other books by Madison as well.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun Paranormal read.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

4 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

It does sound fun :D

Melliane said...

I'm glad you liked it, it's a really great series!

miki said...

i have coveted in my pile for my next read so it's great to know the rest of teh series is still as good ( and i often prefer the guy left behind at teh end too^^;;)

take care of you

Aurian said...

I have this author on my wishlist/TBR, so perhaps someday. Also, rooting for the wrong guy in the love triangle is kind of my bane as well.