Wednesday 13 January 2016

The End - Book Review


The End (The Enemy #7)
by Charlie Higson


What is it about:
Shadowman, realizing that Saint George's army is headed toward the center of London, has raced ahead to warn the kids of the impending disaster. He knows that he has to make them understand--somehow--that they are going to have to work together. This means that Nicola and her kids at the Houses of Parliament, David and his kids at Buckingham Palace, Matt at St. Paul's, General Jordan Hordern and his troops at the Tower of London, the squatters in St. James Park, and all the kids at the Natural History Museum must unite. But will they do it in time? The book culminates in a massive pitched battle in Hyde Park. How will it play out? Who will be the winners and who the losers? One thing is certain: this series will not go out with a whimper!

What did I think of it:
This is a great ending to a very cool series.

It's time for the kids to decide if they can put aside their differences and work together to defeat the sickos and their disease. There's lots of action, squabbling, and sneakiness. I feared for the lives of some of my favorite characters once again.

Slowly, but surely, this book builds up to a big finale. After the finale there's not much of an aftermath, and that's the only thing I was a bit disappointed about. I had wanted to read a bit more about what happened to those who were left standing.

But overall this is a really great book, and series. I will most definitely reread this series in the future, and can recommend it to everyone who loves a good Post Apocalyptic tale about children and younger teens trying to survive against seemingly impossible odds.

Why should you read it:
It's a really cool, action-packed Post Apocalyptic read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Wow. I really didn't realize this series was 7 books long. I know I picked up the first 3 for kiddo to read, but how I missed that... I don't know. Does sound like a very good series. :)