Monday 19 June 2017

More Than Distance - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


More Than Distance (Chasing the Dream #5)
by Elizabeth Briggs


What is it about:
She’s off-limits, but he’s the only one who can help her…

Carla Jackson has her life all mapped out, so when her plans fall apart she’s more lost than ever. A spot on the reality TV show Road Trip Race seems like the perfect escape, except she needs a partner. The only option is her brother’s best friend: the man she’s secretly loved forever and the last person she wants to be stuck in a car with.

Tech billionaire Ryan Evans has done everything he can to put his bitter past behind him. He’s avoided Carla ever since they shared a forbidden kiss six years ago, but when his best friend asks him to protect her on the show, he can’t refuse—even if the biggest threat to her heart might be himself.

As Carla and Ryan drive across the country while competing on the show, there’s no escaping the undeniable chemistry between them. But when they’re thrown off course, can they find their way home together?


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I think this is my least favorite book in this series and I still very much enjoyed it.

I might have mentioned before I often have a hard time connecting with the heroines in Contemporary Romance. So far I didn't have that problem in Briggs' books, but I had trouble connecting with Carla. Even with the problems she had in her past and the problems she has with her family, she just seemed too perfect for me. Successful model, car mechanic, every guys dream girl. Meh...

And Ryan didn't really impress me either: billionaire playboy, lusting after his best friend's little sister...

But although it took me some time to warm up to them, I very much enjoyed the story. Once again there's a reality TV show with challenges and competition. At the point where the TV show wasn't the focus of the story anymore I had warmed up enough to both Carla and Ryan to root for them and to look forward to their Happy End.

This being the last book in the series, there were a few glimpses at how the other couples were doing, and it was fun to read about that as well. All in all a very enjoyable read.

I will keep an eye out for other books by Elizabeth Briggs.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun, enjoyable Contemporary Romance.


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: