Monday 21 August 2017

Anna and the French Kiss - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1)
by Stephanie Perkins


What is it about:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
When complaining that I find it hard to find Contemporary Romances that I like, I had several people recommending me Anna and the French Kiss. Although it's YA and not Adult or New Adult, I decided to give it a try.

And I fell in love.

This is such a fun, light read, even with the teenage love drama.

I will confess that I love Paris and that it's the foreign city that I visited the most, so that this story is set in Paris might have been one of the reasons I loved this book.

But I also really loved reading bout Anna and the people she befriends at the boarding school (yes: a boarding school, yet another thing I love to read about). Some of them were more interesting and likeable than others, but I loved how much friendship there is in this book. And how even when people make mistakes their friends are there for them.

Anna and St. Clair did test my patience at times I will confess. They really should have just sat down and talked instead of wallowing in their own thoughts and feelings, but as the book would have been over very soon that way, I won't hold it against them.

All in all this is a very enjoyable and fluffy read that I can advice to anyone who's looking for a light, heartwarming read. I will most certainly read the other books in this series as well.

Why should you read it:
It's a fun and fluffy YA Romance


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: