Friday 8 September 2017

Isla and the Happily Ever After - Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3)
by Stephanie Perkins


What is it about:
Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart.

Featuring cameos from fan-favorites Anna, Étienne, Lola, and Cricket, this sweet and sexy story of true love—set against the stunning backdrops of New York City, Paris, and Barcelona—is a swoonworthy conclusion to Stephanie Perkins’s beloved series.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
After the train wreck that was Lola and the Boy Next Door I was a little bit hesitant to pick this book up, but I really liked the first book and I liked Josh in that first book as well, so I hoped this last book would be enjoyable again.

And it was.

I liked both Josh and Isla and could understand how the both of them felt. Their romance is sweet, but then stuff goes wrong and the story turned more angsty, but not in a bad way. Isla needs to think hard about what she wants to have a chance at her happily ever after.

If there's one thing I can say against this story it's the way Isla's best friend is used and discarded for the sake of the story. For me it really felt as if he was just a story hook instead of him really being Isla's best friend. I'd have liked to see more of their friendship instead of him being a prop in the romance between Isla and Josh. The same goes for Isla's sister Hattie.

That aside this is a nice romance and it's once again set in a boarding school, so I very much enjoyed this book. I think the first book will remain my favorite, but this one deserves a spot on my keeper shelves as well. I will keep an eye out for more books by Perkins.

Why should you read it:
It's an awkwardly sweet YA Contemporary romance


Buy from bookdepository

No comments: