Monday 25 September 2017

Soul Siphon - Book Review


Soul Siphon (Soul Stones, #0.1)
by T.L. Branson


What is it about:
Alexander Drygo, king of Sunbury, is reeling from the loss of his wife. Despite his best efforts using an incredible power, she is no longer among the living.

When a rival kingdom seeks to take advantage of this delicate time in Drygo’s life, he is thrust into a battle for the future of his kingdom.

Can he save his people where he could not save his queen?


What did I think of it:
This being a short story (24 pages), it's a quick read.

I must say I really enjoyed it. It's a kind of intro to the series, leading up to the events of book one - Soul Render.

With this being a short story there's little time for character and world building, but Branson did manage to give me a clear view of the world with just a bare minimum of world building. There are quite a few fight scenes in this short story and those were well crafted. It's easy to get bored or confused during fight scenes in my opinion, but here I kept my focus on what's happening.

All in all a nice, quick read to get a sense of the world and of what to expect from Soul Render. I'll be keeping an eye out for Soul Render for sure.

Why should you read it:
It's a quick action-packed Fantasy read.


Soul Siphon will release September 29th
Find out more about Soul Siphon & Soul Render here

No comments: